Conference Assistant Job Description and Application Process
Conference Assistants (CAs) are on-site liaisons between the Conference Services Leadership team and conference participants. Conference Assistants serve as the initial point of contact for any person entering or calling the residence hall. They are expected to create an atmosphere of helpfulness and friendliness by greeting and receiving conference guests and other visitors. The Conference Assistant duties are related to three general areas: customer service, communication, and safety/security. In addition to these general duties, Conference Assistants serve as hall tour guides during new student orientation.
- A cumulative FSU grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 undergraduate or 3.0 graduate cumulative at time of application and employment (transfer students may not use the GPA from their former institution)
- Must not be under criminal or conduct sanctions at the time of employment
- Successful Background Check
Conference Assistants will be asked to assist in the managing of the administrative tasks of the residence hall.
Administrative tasks include the following: registering conference participants
- preparing and delivering rosters within 24 hours to the appropriate offices
- taking inventory of keys
- distributing information packets to Summer Conference participants
- inspecting halls for prior damages
- assessing damages at the end of a conference
- helping with billing summer conference groups after check-outs
- CAs will assist University Housing by serving as liaisons between both internal and external groups
- Individuals in this position will be responsible for maintaining accurate records will ensure that the policies and procedures of the University are adhered to by conference participants.
- Conference Assistants may be required to perform set-ups, program breakdowns and/or clean ups or complete other tasks assigned by the Conferences Services Leadership team.
Conference Assistants start at $7.93/hour.
Conference Assistants must participate in a training program prior to their employment. Training is mandatory and will occur sometime between May 8 – 11, 2014. Finalized date(s) will be announced during interview or prior to employment.
Conference Assistant applications will be accepted during the following time-frames: March 3, 2014 – March 31, 2014 ONLY.
Before starting the application please know the following:
- Please do not use Internet Explorer.
- You will have to sign-in to the application process. You need to make sure account name and password is checked off, you are NOT a guest. The username and password are both conference (all lower case).
- You will need to know what your FSUSN is. This is not your FSU card number or FSU ID. Please go to http://registrar.fsu.edu/services/fsusn/apdefault.htm to find out what your number is.
- Click Submit at the end of the application. You will see a confirmation once you are done.
- You are now ready to fill out the application.
If you have any questions or problems please contact Stacie Kurlick, Assistant Director, Conference Services & Marketing at 850-644-7993 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You are now ready to fill out the application. Please CLICK HERE.
Applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email to schedule an interview time.