Receptionist Job Description and Application Process
Receptionists will demonstrate an investment in the overall service the front desk provides to each resident. The residence hall desks are considered a professional working environment. They are the heart of the building, often the first impression that a resident, family or visitor to the institution may have. The front desk plays an intricate role in the success of every residence hall. The receptionists are in essence the "face" of residence life, managing many day-to-day functions that are crucial to the success of our communities. Receptionists are responsible for all administrative tasks that occur at the front desk.
- A cumulative FSU grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 undergraduate or 3.0 graduate cumulative at time of application and employment (transfer students may not use the GPA from their former institution)
- Maintain a 2.5 or 3.0 cumulative GPA throughout the period of employment as a Receptionist and at least a 2.5 semester GPA each semester employed as a Receptionist
- Must maintain full-time student status during the fall, spring and summer while employed
- Must not be under criminal or judicial sanctions at the time of employment
- To act as a liaison between residents, University Housing, and other university agencies.
- To organize the front desk area; with mail, packages, telephone calls
- To assist with handing out keys, collecting keys, or making changes to keys
- To be able to use the computer to send emails to residents
- To act as liaison between Facilities Supervisor and residents when there are maintenance requests
- To cover the desk for specified shift to help answer or assist with residents
Receptionists start off at $7.79/hour.
Receptionists must participate in a training prior to each semester.
Receptionist applications will be accepted during the following time-frame: September 20, 2014 - November 21, 2014. The application database may open at other times during the year if we are in need of applications. Please remember that your application only remains active for 90 days.
Before starting the application please know the following:
- You must use Internet Explorer. Other web browsers will give you error messages when you try to submit the application.
- You will have to sign-in to the application process. You need to make sure account name and password is checked off, you are NOT a guest. The username and password are both receptionist (all lower case)
- You will need to know what your FSUSN is. This is not your FSU card number or FSU ID. Please go to http://registrar.fsu.edu/services/fsusn/apdefault.htm to find out what your number is.
- Click Submit at the end of the application. You will see a confirmation once you are done.
If you have any questions or problems please call Residence Life at 850-644-2863.
This selection process is a rolling process. This means that applications are active for 90 days from the date applied. After 90 days, applications will be removed from our selection pool and will be considered inactive.
You are now ready to fill out the application. CLICK HERE.
Applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email to schedule an interview time.