Residence Coordinator - Residence Life
University Housing employs 11 Residence Coordinators responsible for the administrative of hall(s) housing approximately 300-750 resident students. This is a high student contact position and requires enthusiasm for working with undergraduates and a commitment to the community concept. Successful candidates will have a strong interest in student development and passion to work in a high-energy work environment.
- Provide direct supervision to 6-19 undergraduate Resident Assistant staff and to 1-2 graduate Assistant Coordinators.
- Directly oversee and manage front desk operations for 1-3 desks.
- Participate in the selection process for student staff, graduate staff, and professional-level candidates.
- Serve as the primary hearing officer for conduct cases within the residence halls, making referrals as necessary and maintaining paper and electronic records through conduct management software.
- Promote University Housing’s mission by successful implementation of programming that supports the five departmental tenets.
- Advise student groups and organizations.
- Ensure fiscal responsibility of programming and Hall Government budgets.
- Provide safety and security for an area of approximately 3,000 resident students by participating in an on-call duty rotation. Residence Life is split into two sides of campus, each with a Head Staff member on call 24/7.
- Manage assignments, rosters, key banks, and assist in facility management.
Due to the requirements and nature of certain facilities, some additional responsibilities may be included as part of the Residence Coordinator’s expectations.
This is a 12-month, live-in position that requires the successful candidate to reside in a University-provided apartment within the residence halls. All apartments are furnished, air conditioned and come complete with complimentary utilities and cable. A competitive benefits package, partial tuition waiver, partial meal plan, and professional development funds are also provided.
The successful candidate will have a Master’s degree in College Student Personnel, Student Affairs, or related field. This position requires the completion of a background check. Previous residence life experience is strongly preferred.
Available Positions & How to Apply
Available positions will be posted on the Florida State University Human Resources Jobs web site at https://jobs.fsu.edu/. Applicants will need to apply for the position on the HR Jobs web site as well as provide a cover letter and resume to:
Associate Director for Residence Life
942 Learning Way
P.O. Box 3064174
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4174
Questions regarding this position can be directed to Chandra Myrick.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. FSU’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.