Interested in Changing Rooms?
When room assignments are made, residents are assigned to the room assignment that is as close to their preferences as possible based on their housing priority number. After students are assigned, they may request a reassignment.
The reassignment request website will open approximately one week after room assignments are released. Students that are assigned to permanent (not overflow) spaces may submit a reassignment request. As vacancies occur, our University Housing Assignments staff will review submitted reassignment requests in priority number order to find request that matches the building and room type of the vacancy.
- Reassignments cannot be guaranteed.
- Reassignment requests will remain on file for the entire term and will be processed as openings occur.
- Students that are reassigned will be responsible for any difference in rent between the old and new space. Click here for rental rates chart.
- Students that are reassigned to a mandatory meal plan residence hall will be required to purchase a meal plan with Seminole Dining.
- Requests submitted in order to request reassignment for accommodation for a medical/physical condition must provide documentation. Click here to learn about accommodations and required documentation.
- Residents may not move to a new room or hall without written permission from the University Housing office or their building's hall coordinator or assistant coordinator.
- Reassignments will not be processed during the first two weeks after the halls open.
Reassignment Request Types
Prior to Hall Opening
After Hall Opening